Thursday, January 14, 2010

What's A Name Got To Do With Anything?

The name of my blog is monograms and ballgowns and I thought I'd explain why I chose to call it this. When I was little I used to go to my friend Abbey's house. She had the most exquisite collection of dress up clothes imaginable. After I would leave Abbey's I would always wish that I could live at her house and play dress up with those clothes all day and night. Unfortunately though, I could not and instead went home to dress my Barbies. Hence the latter part of the name. Because I was so enthralled by dressing up I also was very interested in having tea time, a favorite of mine since the age of 3. Somehow I always pictured the Queen having tea with friends that she invited by way of monogrammed invitations. That is how I came up with the name. And now, I will show you some of my favorite new dresses and some of my favorite monogrammed products.


Ralph Lauren Spring RTW 2010
www.style.com


Vera Wang Spring RTW 2010
www.style.com


Monogrammed Bracelet
www.waxingpoetic.net


Christian Dior Fall Couture 2009

Monogrammed Hook
www.anthropologie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment